Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Rhahmati Kalon (Many Thanks)

well.. I do love this time of year... ALthough Thanksgiving always brings me back to traditions from my origins of food and family time, this is not my first Thanksgiving away from family, however this year, more than ever, I realize and would like to express thanks from the bottom of my heart for all of my friends and family who have been a HUGE support to me this year! For without them I would not be getting to celebrate Thanksgiving here in Tajikistan. I am also thankful for the new fun that God has brought me here in the midst of hardships and having to say goodbye to so many people and things. It has been in this season of transition and adjustment that I have realized the extent of sacrifice that love requires.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy the people you are with and the food you get to eat!
Although we can't get sweet potatoes or green beans, we will have Turkey:)
I hope you all know that you are appreciated dearly and loved much... Just thought I would include a picture of me in a korta dancing at a tuee ( a big party for a son's circumcision)... and Ruth and I... I love this part of Tajik life:)
Love





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home