Sunday, December 2, 2007

December 1st Snow!



Saturday was the first snow of the season here in Taj:) It was amazing! It was definately colder, but not cold enough to keep the snow from melting, so in the rain of snow, there was sludge everywhere:) Unfortunately, I lost my head in my pre-departure packing and forgot to get a pair of warm/FLAT/waterproof boots:) So, I had to brave wearing the short high hilled boots that I did bring with me to go pay our internet bill and the various errands we had to run... thankfully I didn't have any major falls, just a few ankle breakers:) haha... my roommate kept saying, " Staci, lets just slow down, you are really going to hurt yourself!" haha.. which just made me laugh because it reminded me of my dad when I had fallen on the ice in Mongolia:) Anyhow, the boots killed my feet, so I had to put on my non-waterproof flats after a few hours of trudging around town for some hope of comfort...
However, in the midst of such weather we found the amazing French cafe, we were able to soak in the beauty of the snow falling from the warm cozy scenery of the cafe. We sipped hot lemon tea for 2 and a half hours while also enjoying pumpkin soup, a roast beef sandwhich, and really good apple pie:) It was a huge splurge, but we felt we owed it to ourself:) Besides, we do walk everywhere! Ok, so that was our fun weekend outing... language today was the best it has been yet! I am enjoying understanding more for sure. Our apartment is lacking in the Holiday decor, but I can tune into the 24 hour christmas radio station via itunes, so that always brightens the mood (when the internet is being friendly) and we have managed to watch the grinch and recess christmas several times already since those are the only christmas movies I have:)... ok I must get some work done. I will leave you with a little christmas movie trivia...
quote the movie: "She falls in a well, her eyes goes crossed, she gets kicked by a mule and they go back to normal. I dunno!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home