Thursday, January 17, 2008

No Power, No Shower, No Problem...

I know what you're thinking, it's not quite Kenny Chesney, but it sounds good!... Actually it just came to me here as I was just pondering over the past week or so and our current situation here in Tajikistan. There's one word that goes with the title - Reality! Yes, there is this amazing Tajik proverb that has been quoted often over the past few weeks... "The eyes of winter are blind" which basically means that you can look or smell as awful as you want or have to and no one will be annoyed or think badly about you, because, yes, they too are without power, gas, or water and they too look and smell as bad as you! I have definitely enjoyed busting out the "praise dance" before the Lord every time the power is turned back on, for whatever length of time it may be here:) So, I offer my slogan to you, use it, share it. I feel as if it promotes the stress-free lifestyle:) Here's a picture of our fun "dress up dinner" party with our director's kids:) Stay Warm

1 Comments:

Blogger alyssa685 said...

You so need to write a book. Your a great writer! I love the dress up dinner. Those kids are adorable.

January 25, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home