Tuesday, May 6, 2008

So...

well. Just about a week and a half ago our home was invaded. No, not by something that might be life threatening, but by disgusting, gross, intruding mice! I know they can't do anything to really hurt me, but let's just be honest and say they are completely unpleasant. Two days after having spotted the things I made it to the bazaar to find a trap. I had to laugh when I realized that, there I stood surrounded by the bazaar men 1. trying to describe to them what I needed, 2 .trying to figure out if and how the darn thing worked, and 3. trying to ignore the random bystander man who kept "translating" into English what the shopkeeper man was saying "of course I am going to help find whatever the pretty girl needs!" -even if that was a mouse trap! ha. Needless to say, the trap doesn't work too good and hasn't caught any mice. Our landlady does have a cat, so we brought her in to do the dirty work, but to no avail. Friday night 2 girlfriends came over to bake and watch a movie, and who but the mice decided to come out and play! My friends heard the things scurrying around our pantry/cabinet so I went and got the cat knowing that the mouse was trapped inside the cabinet. Well the cat just went into the back of the cabinet and laid down! A bit irritated, I pushed her out and proceeded to clean out the rat-poop filled cabinet, since it was OBVIOUS there were no mice in the cabinet if the cat just decided to sit down. Well as I got to the top shelf and moved some things out I spotted the mouse wedged into the corner, frozen! Ah. so I ran to get the landlady hoping she would trap it for us.
She didn't seem too disturbed by the news and made her way over to our place- in her time. Well she walks in with a little pitch fork and a gardening glove on the other hand! Yes, she just picked the thing up with her gloved hand, and then was kinda waving it around wondering why we were so scared of this "little thing"! haha. Unfortunately as she was holding the mouse in one hand and trying to find the hole where they have been coming from, my friend spotted another mouse (which freaked her out more so she screamed) and our landlady dropped the mouse that was in her hand! AH. so there went both mice back into their hole, to return at a later time. Needless to say we stayed on the couch trying not to have to cross paths with them. At about midnight/ one am the cat came wandering back into our living/kitchen/dining room and then spots and catches a mouse that was over by the refrigerator! We heard some racket and then this high pitch squeel, the death, and then she brought it back into where we were and played with it for a good 15 minutes before she ate it, there in front of us! About 10 minutes after that she caught another one underneath the stove/oven, however this one was still very much alive. She played with it for like 20 minutes, and she kept letting it out of her mouth and it was dash away, and then she'd catch it again! Ah. finally she killed and ate it. It was a bit traumatizing having to witness this event, and it's a bit disturbing that we keep finding fresh rat poop inside our cabinet. The cat comes in and out, but I don't think she's caught any more! The moral of the story. I've decided to not be bothered by the things. They will lose eventually, but for now I guess there's going to be some type of cohabitation! I have heeded the advice of my mom and washed all of my cooking utensils and eatery, wouldn't want to get the black plague!- thanks mom!:)

Other than that life has been fun! I got to go play baseball with the PE class at Silk Road Academy the other day. I'm pretty sure I threw out my shoulder in my crazy intense -one chance to swing at the ball:)! ha. It had been too long since I'd put on a glove or swung the bat, but I felt a lot of pressure to hit a far one for the kids:) o well. I took it for the team. O, another exciting discovery, 5 somon 30 minute massage! Monday morning my language teacher and I went up to the polyclinic and got 30 minute massages for $1.50! It was an experience but it felt great! I am going back on Thursday for some more therapy.

One of the girls in the Convoy office had her first baby in March. Here you have to wait 40 days until you can go visit the new mom and baby, so after that time all the other women in the office went to her house for lunch... it was fun, we ate, chatted, even danced, and ate some more. It doesn't matter what the occasion, there's going to be food and dancing!



1 Comments:

Blogger CONNIE said...

I cannot believe this mouse story. You are my hero, I would have left the country in a flash!~

May 31, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home